Are you craving for something sweet? But it is too late to bake or even go out to buy? Don’t worry here I come to rescue you lol. This recipe I am giving you is very easy . It only takes you 10 minutes to make. No baking. Only need 3 ingredients.
- Dulce de leche half cane Here or you can find at your local store
- 4 oz butter softened
- Wafer sheets Here
- Mix well with mixer the dulce de leche with butter.
- Spread the cream evenly and lightly to each wafer sheets
3. Decorate as you want
4. Keep in refrigerator for 1 hour
5. Ready to eat
I never heard of making a cake from cheese, in my country. Once we came to states, some of our friends suggested to try cheese cake. Believe me or not we didn’t try it until a year after. I was afraid if we don’t like it and it will be a waste. And I don’t like throwing foods to garbage. So I forgot about it.
After year or so, one of our friend did a birthday party and they served a cheese cake. I got tiny slice, just to make sure I could finish it. Oh boy, what a taste. I fall in love with it. So good, so unique and different from what I ever ate before. Ever since, once in a while, I bake or we get cheese cake assortment from Carlos Bakery. But recently, after I opened my blog I thought baking cheese cake not using cream cheese but with my signature cottage cheese. In the beginning I was little nervous . I was afraid to ruin it . So, I decided to put the kids to bed and try it at night.
Usually, if I want to create something new I do it at midnight. That time I get more great ideas. I guess mind angels get down to earth lol. Anyways, kids I put them to sleep and turn on my mind get to work.
I prepared my ingredients. And of course set up my camera .
- 2 cups of flour
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz softened butter
- 1 egg
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2-3 tbp sour cream
- 10-15 blueberries
- In the bowl mix 2 cups of flour, 0.5 cup sugar,1 tsp baking powder, 4 oz softened butter and 1 egg. Mix and neat a dough
- Keep the dough in refrigerator for 20 min.
In the bowl add 8 oz cottage cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tsp corn starch, 0.5 cup sugar and 2-3 tbp sour cream. Mix them well
- Roll the dough and fit in the pan.
- Pour the filling half
- Add blueberries and pour rest of the filling in.
- Bake in 250* heat for 1 hour
- If you buy cottage cheese store brand look at the consistency , if it is softer add only 1 tbsp sour cream
- You can add any fruits. If the fruit juicy you can coat it with corn starch so cake doesn’t get loose.
Watch the video for details
Our second son Yusuf just turned to 11 month. We started finger foods when he was 8 month. But, I waited to give him any milk products till he turned to 10 month . I started giving him frozen yogurt drops. I would say frozen yogurt teddies 😄 .
It is very easy only 2 steps. Also frozen yogurt soothes swollen gums from teething. Our little one loves it, in first try
- Any brand bio yogurt (or you can make one)
- Any brand Baby fruit puree (or you can make one)
- Mix the yogurt and fruit purée (I used blueberries and apple purée )
- Put in the zip log and keep in the refregirator for 15 minutes just to harden little bit
- Cut the tip of the bag and squeeze little drops to parchment paper
Or to the silicone molds
5. Put in the freezer for 1 hour
6. Take it out from mold/ parchment paper Keep in the container in the freezer
When you want to give it to your child take small amount at a time to prevent melting.
My mom and uncle had a dairy factory many years ago. They used to produce every kind of dairy products. Of course my favorite was an ice cream . Also my mom used to bring freshly milked whole milk to make a bio yogurt for us. Back then , in my country people used to make every thing they eat from scratch. The bio yogurt was one of them. It is very simple and easy. I bet anybody who is not a friend with kitchen can make a yogurt. You don’t need any special equipment or talent.
So let’s start
- Any brand bio yogurt ( you need for the first time . After you make your yougurt you can keep the culture from old yogurt to make a new one )
- Milk any brand any % you like. I like whole milk because the yogurt consistency will look more thicker.
- Boil the milk
- Let the milk get warm ( it shouldn’t burn your lips otherwise, if hot wil kill the culture
- Mix the culture and milk
- Wrap the dish and let it set in warm area up to 6 hours . I usually do before I sleep at night and unwrap it in the morning
- Put in the refrigerator once it is done
Today I feel very homesick. I missed my family , my friends, our house, neighbors and the country. More than anything missed my days at kindergarten. One of my classmate came from Tajikistan with her family. Both husband and wife are my classmates. We had known each other since kindergarten. I can’t believe it is 25 years we are together. Very proud and amazed.
Anyways , back home, when we were at kindergarten, for breakfast we used to get a slice of bread loaf spread with butter and sugar sprinkled. Now, I wonder why we didn’t have any obesity or sugar overload issues. Or , maybe our teachers and staff didn’t know about it? Not sure. But that bread taste still I remember. And nothing I can compare of.
Today I decide to bake a loaf and serve to my family.
Here is the recipe.
- 3 cups of flour (you can use whole flour too)
- 1 tbs yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 10 oz milk
- 6 oz butter
- Warm the milk
- In deferent bowl add 1 tbs yeast
- Pour the milk on to yeast
- Add 1 egg, 1tsp salt and 6 oz melted butter
- Make medium soft dough
- Wrap it and keep in warm place for 1 hr allow it to rise
- Divide to 3 size and
- each put in to pan and wrap it again Keep for 1hr to rise
- Preheat oven 350* bake for 30 minor till it turns to orange/light red ( not sure how to describe the color😬)
- Let it cool down
- Ready to serve
It brought up fun memory of my childhood. And my husband got supprised too. And sure he did remember his childhood too
As a child I was taught by my mom that we are not suppose to waste our food to garbage. Because other part of world people are starving. We should be thankful for every single day and food that givin to us. Ever since I try to use every single fruit/vegitable or any food I bought.
Usually when I buy Kale it comes a big bunch. It is impossible for me to use them all within a week.
Here are some tips how I use my kale
- Kale bunch
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Wash the kale and well dry
- Cut of the stem
- Put 2 tbs olive oil and well coat the kale
- Put in the oven for 5-6 min under 250* degree
5. Let it cool and ready to eat
You also can freeze the kale up to 6 month . I usually use the to make my detox smoothies and detox infused water
I still have some more kale left . I am thinking to try kale piesto.
When I was a little my mom used to make every food we ate from scratch . She didn’t like to buy from store because she used to think it wasn’t fresh. It was always interesting to me to watch how she does cottage cheese. Now, I become a mother and I am leading my mom’s road. My son also loves to eat cottage cheese and helps me to make it . fun part for us is to watch how milk curds separates from water.
It is also great science experiment to show kids. I would say edible science experiment . So let’s start
- 0.5 gallon milk
- 4 oz vinegar h
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs sugar
- Put the pot in high heat and pour the milk
- When it start forming a bubbles pour the vinegar
- Mix it until you see milk curds separate from water
- Strain the water
- Store the cheese in the container in the refregerator up to 2 weeks
- B1 Add to the cottage cheese 2 tbs sour cream and sugar . Cc. Y
All done it is good to eat now