Are you craving for something sweet? But it is too late to bake or even go out to buy? Don’t worry here I come to rescue you lol. This recipe I am giving you is very easy . It only takes you 10 minutes to make. No baking. Only need 3 ingredients.
- Dulce de leche half cane Here or you can find at your local store
- 4 oz butter softened
- Wafer sheets Here
- Mix well with mixer the dulce de leche with butter.
- Spread the cream evenly and lightly to each wafer sheets
3. Decorate as you want
4. Keep in refrigerator for 1 hour
5. Ready to eat
Do you think your breastmilk is not enough and your baby fusses more than usual? If you have that instinct, take an action. Some people or doctors might said “don’t worry about it” ( which is their favorite word). But you are right. You know your baby better than anyone else. You are the one who stands next to him/her more than anyone else does.
Unfortunately, majority moms struggle how to increase milk supply. And end up adding formula which will cause more problem. Having both breastmilk and formula may cause fussiness in some babies. More than that, some kids will develop eczema, colic, constipation or diarrhea.
From my experience ideally babies need to be fully breastfeed until 3-4 month at least. During that time their tiny gastrointestinal system will develop and gets little stronger. Besides they get immunity from mother’s milk . And will be strong enough to fight of infections.
So how we can increase milk flow natural way? I dig some info about it when I was pregnant to our second boy. It showed that brewers yeast, flax seed, oatmeal and peanuts boost up milk supply. And I also found a great cookie recipe that can be used based on the ingreadients above.
- 0.5 cup flour
- 0.5 cup oatmeal ( still cut or instant)
- 0.5 cup sugar( you can put least if you add chocolate chips)
- 4 oz softened butter
- 2 tbs bio yogurt
- 1 tsp brewer’s yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- Chocolate chips for your preference
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl; oatmeal, flour, sugar, brewers yeast
2. In other bowl whisk the egg with baking powder add 2 tbsp bio yogurt . Mix it well
3. Add the egg solution to dry ingredients and add the butter.
4. Mix them all together.
5. Add the chocolate chips.
6. Neat it well.
7. Keep in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. 8. Preheat the oven for 320* degrees.
9. Make small balls and list on parchment paper on the pan
10. Bake in 320* degrees for 15-20 minutes
- You might taste little bittery because of brewers yeast. That’s why I suggest you to add some fruits or chocolate chips to mask the bitterness.
- If the dough looks more dry after sitting a side you can add 2-3 tbsp water. The oats retain fluid and may cause the dryness.
- Also I like to add half/half flour/oats because oatmeal also helps to make more milk, but if you don’t like more oats you can add least than 0.5 cups
- You can store them in air tight container at 60-70* degrees or simply at room temperature. Trust me it does help to produce more milk .
It is Mother’s Day yeayyy. Since I became a mother I haven’t had a time to celebrate Mother’s Day as I wanted . Because, every year it was finals week ugh. I was too busy with my study and didn’t even feel like celebrating anything. But, this year I eagerly waited for it .
The first thing I did was I went to art class with my little boy. There we paint the flower pot. It was fun and relaxing.
Then my big boy Dior surprised me with his cute flower craft. He even wrote “Happy Mother’s Day ” himself. It was the best present ever I got. I was so happy and even cried a bit. It was a happy cry lol. I am really proud of him.
The day before Mother’s Day I decided to make a craft with kids for myself. I was checking the Facebook and Pinterest . And I love the idea of making a jewelry keeper from oven baked clay. I wanted to put the link but couldn’t find the original person who made it first. So if you want to watch other options just type oven baked clay DIY on Pinterest . You will find several great ones.
Ours you can watch here
The least but not the last, present from hubby was nice family lunch all together, withought using a phone 😂
How was your Mother’s Day ?
I never heard of making a cake from cheese, in my country. Once we came to states, some of our friends suggested to try cheese cake. Believe me or not we didn’t try it until a year after. I was afraid if we don’t like it and it will be a waste. And I don’t like throwing foods to garbage. So I forgot about it.
After year or so, one of our friend did a birthday party and they served a cheese cake. I got tiny slice, just to make sure I could finish it. Oh boy, what a taste. I fall in love with it. So good, so unique and different from what I ever ate before. Ever since, once in a while, I bake or we get cheese cake assortment from Carlos Bakery. But recently, after I opened my blog I thought baking cheese cake not using cream cheese but with my signature cottage cheese. In the beginning I was little nervous . I was afraid to ruin it . So, I decided to put the kids to bed and try it at night.
Usually, if I want to create something new I do it at midnight. That time I get more great ideas. I guess mind angels get down to earth lol. Anyways, kids I put them to sleep and turn on my mind get to work.
I prepared my ingredients. And of course set up my camera .
- 2 cups of flour
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz softened butter
- 1 egg
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2-3 tbp sour cream
- 10-15 blueberries
- In the bowl mix 2 cups of flour, 0.5 cup sugar,1 tsp baking powder, 4 oz softened butter and 1 egg. Mix and neat a dough
- Keep the dough in refrigerator for 20 min.
In the bowl add 8 oz cottage cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tsp corn starch, 0.5 cup sugar and 2-3 tbp sour cream. Mix them well
- Roll the dough and fit in the pan.
- Pour the filling half
- Add blueberries and pour rest of the filling in.
- Bake in 250* heat for 1 hour
- If you buy cottage cheese store brand look at the consistency , if it is softer add only 1 tbsp sour cream
- You can add any fruits. If the fruit juicy you can coat it with corn starch so cake doesn’t get loose.
Watch the video for details
Our second son Yusuf just turned to 11 month. We started finger foods when he was 8 month. But, I waited to give him any milk products till he turned to 10 month . I started giving him frozen yogurt drops. I would say frozen yogurt teddies 😄 .
It is very easy only 2 steps. Also frozen yogurt soothes swollen gums from teething. Our little one loves it, in first try
- Any brand bio yogurt (or you can make one)
- Any brand Baby fruit puree (or you can make one)
- Mix the yogurt and fruit purée (I used blueberries and apple purée )
- Put in the zip log and keep in the refregirator for 15 minutes just to harden little bit
- Cut the tip of the bag and squeeze little drops to parchment paper
Or to the silicone molds
5. Put in the freezer for 1 hour
6. Take it out from mold/ parchment paper Keep in the container in the freezer
When you want to give it to your child take small amount at a time to prevent melting.
Today I feel very homesick. I missed my family , my friends, our house, neighbors and the country. More than anything missed my days at kindergarten. One of my classmate came from Tajikistan with her family. Both husband and wife are my classmates. We had known each other since kindergarten. I can’t believe it is 25 years we are together. Very proud and amazed.
Anyways , back home, when we were at kindergarten, for breakfast we used to get a slice of bread loaf spread with butter and sugar sprinkled. Now, I wonder why we didn’t have any obesity or sugar overload issues. Or , maybe our teachers and staff didn’t know about it? Not sure. But that bread taste still I remember. And nothing I can compare of.
Today I decide to bake a loaf and serve to my family.
Here is the recipe.
- 3 cups of flour (you can use whole flour too)
- 1 tbs yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 10 oz milk
- 6 oz butter
- Warm the milk
- In deferent bowl add 1 tbs yeast
- Pour the milk on to yeast
- Add 1 egg, 1tsp salt and 6 oz melted butter
- Make medium soft dough
- Wrap it and keep in warm place for 1 hr allow it to rise
- Divide to 3 size and
- each put in to pan and wrap it again Keep for 1hr to rise
- Preheat oven 350* bake for 30 minor till it turns to orange/light red ( not sure how to describe the color😬)
- Let it cool down
- Ready to serve
It brought up fun memory of my childhood. And my husband got supprised too. And sure he did remember his childhood too