I never heard of making a cake from cheese, in my country. Once we came to states, some of our friends suggested to try cheese cake. Believe me or not we didn’t try it until a year after. I was afraid if we don’t like it and it will be a waste. And I don’t like throwing foods to garbage. So I forgot about it.
After year or so, one of our friend did a birthday party and they served a cheese cake. I got tiny slice, just to make sure I could finish it. Oh boy, what a taste. I fall in love with it. So good, so unique and different from what I ever ate before. Ever since, once in a while, I bake or we get cheese cake assortment from Carlos Bakery. But recently, after I opened my blog I thought baking cheese cake not using cream cheese but with my signature cottage cheese. In the beginning I was little nervous . I was afraid to ruin it . So, I decided to put the kids to bed and try it at night.
Usually, if I want to create something new I do it at midnight. That time I get more great ideas. I guess mind angels get down to earth lol. Anyways, kids I put them to sleep and turn on my mind get to work.
I prepared my ingredients. And of course set up my camera .
- 2 cups of flour
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz softened butter
- 1 egg
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2-3 tbp sour cream
- 10-15 blueberries
- In the bowl mix 2 cups of flour, 0.5 cup sugar,1 tsp baking powder, 4 oz softened butter and 1 egg. Mix and neat a dough
- Keep the dough in refrigerator for 20 min.
In the bowl add 8 oz cottage cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tsp corn starch, 0.5 cup sugar and 2-3 tbp sour cream. Mix them well
- Roll the dough and fit in the pan.
- Pour the filling half
- Add blueberries and pour rest of the filling in.
- Bake in 250* heat for 1 hour
- If you buy cottage cheese store brand look at the consistency , if it is softer add only 1 tbsp sour cream
- You can add any fruits. If the fruit juicy you can coat it with corn starch so cake doesn’t get loose.